Wednesday, November 13, 2013

CHRISTMAS CARD IDEA

 
I saw this basic idea on Pinterest. The holly dp was cut to 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" to cover the card base.  Then  I used a Spellbinders Nested Pine Tree die to cut out the shape from the solid color dp and mounted it onto the card base with foam squares.  The dp papers are from a paper pad.  It needed something more and I had this little red bow on my table.
 

This second card was done later in the day.  I like this one a lot better.  The Spellbinders Nested Pine Tree die was used to cut out the shape on the white card stock.  Then on the back side I added strips of dotted ribbon and plain green ribbon.  There is a little piece of brown card stock for the base of the tree.
 
The "Merry Christmas" is from Penny Black.  Thanks for stopping by!

(P.S.  I just noticed that the pictures that I posted yesterday were too big and the entire scene didn't show up so I have modified them.)

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Both cards are great! Love the idea of the BG paper showing through. The ribbon on the second one does really make the tree POP, though! Well done!

This is the  video  I used to make this card using more retired dsp. After I finished, I was a little dissatisfied with the white background...