Tuesday, June 27, 2017

ALTENEW - Iris


Altenew stamps are new for me.  Some of the ladies in our Yahoo Group have been making some beautiful cards with them.  The temptation was just too much.  

This particular design is done by stamping the stem and bloom in one step and then adding the individual leaves.  They also have some wonderful 2 or 3 step stamps where you layer colors to give a look of reality.  Altenew has sets of inks that have up to 4 shades of the same color so that makes it easy.

For this card though I simply stamped the pieces with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored with my Copic markers.   In days to come I will be trying to put some cards together using the other stamps that I have.

Last Tuesday our group of ladies got together for our 11th annual gathering.  Ten of those years have been in Des Moines. We gathered at a stamp store in West Des Moines on Tuesday and started playing.  The store is so gracious to let us use the facilities on Wednesday and again until early Thursday afternoon. I will also be sharing some cards I made from parts that I cut and stamped there.  It is so much fun being able to share our supplies with each other.  

Thanks for coming by today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the altanew stamps. Love this plain and simple card. Just beautiful

Lynette said...

Your iris is beautiful, Vicki! Didn't we just have the best time??? :)

This is the  video  I used to make this card using more retired dsp. After I finished, I was a little dissatisfied with the white background...