Thursday, June 8, 2017

FIRST TRY WITH DISTRESS OXIDE INKS


When I heard about these new Distress Oxide inks, I watched a YouTube video about them.  Since I could get them wholesale, I purchased some.

This was my first experiment with them. The Distress Oxide inks are more intense than the regular Distress inks and they blend more easily.  I masked off a strip on the card base and then using my the round sponge tool from Tim Holtz, I swirled the colors in rainbow order.  They do blend together where they overlap.  My only problem was that I got lines from the sponge.  After I added this beautiful Tutti die cut, it covered those lines pretty well.

I'm not sure if I will add any type of sentiment on the front or not although the card is a little plain.  I wish I would have moved the masked area further to the left and then done some embossing on the solid white area before adding the die cut.  There's always a next time.

Thanks for coming by today!


1 comment:

Sheri said...

Very pretty Vicki. A suggestion to reduce the lines is to use a very very light hand and to pounce the ink off on scratch paper before bringing it to your card stock. I love the oxide inks! But there was a little learning curve from the regular distress inks, in my opinion

From the pattern on  this  video you will get two cards with this layout.  These are mine. Thank you for coming by today!