Tuesday, June 6, 2017

KITCHEN SINK STAMPS MEET ALTENEW INK


I've had several Kitchen Sink stamps for a long time but haven't made good use of them.  They are  3 to 4 step stamps and I just wasn't having luck finding inks that went well together.  One of the ladies on our Yahoo Group has made some beautiful cards using the Altenew inks so I decided to invest in a set of green and a set of pinks.  

The two darkest colors did not look good with the lighter two when I stamped those layers, but after a few minutes they seemed to lighten a bit.  To aid in the process I stamped the first layer again over the top of all of them and it softened the look even more.

I doubt that you can tell from the picture, but I used some clear Wink of Stella over the darkest ink and a little on the leaves to add some shimmer.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Beautiful, Vicki! Gorgeous rose, but I really, really like how the leaves turned out.

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...