Thursday, June 8, 2017


When I heard about these new Distress Oxide inks, I watched a YouTube video about them.  Since I could get them wholesale, I purchased some.

This was my first experiment with them. The Distress Oxide inks are more intense than the regular Distress inks and they blend more easily.  I masked off a strip on the card base and then using my the round sponge tool from Tim Holtz, I swirled the colors in rainbow order.  They do blend together where they overlap.  My only problem was that I got lines from the sponge.  After I added this beautiful Tutti die cut, it covered those lines pretty well.

I'm not sure if I will add any type of sentiment on the front or not although the card is a little plain.  I wish I would have moved the masked area further to the left and then done some embossing on the solid white area before adding the die cut.  There's always a next time.

Thanks for coming by today!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Very pretty Vicki. A suggestion to reduce the lines is to use a very very light hand and to pounce the ink off on scratch paper before bringing it to your card stock. I love the oxide inks! But there was a little learning curve from the regular distress inks, in my opinion


My sister and her husband gave us a beautiful basket of goodies for our 50th Wedding Anniversary.  I thanked her in person, but it just...