Wednesday, October 7, 2009

ANOTHER WEDDING CARD

This card was another idea I got from an Internet video I saw. I like the pink and gray combination so decided to go with it for today's card.

The paper and ink are Going Gray from SU. The stamp is the "Medallion" from SU. I discovered that one of my circle Nesties fit perfectly in the middle of the Medallion design which is the white layer. Quite awhile back I purchased a set of clear stamps from PaperTreyink that worked perfect with the Marvy punches. I decided to dig them out and stamp one of them on the white layer. The design had little "twists" on which I placed a dot of Platinum Perfect Pearls. I also added the Perfect Pearls to each of the areas with three dots on the Medallion.

The card I saw stamped a couple of different sized hearts and cut them out for the middle of the design. My hearts were all in my Valentine stamps so I decided just to use a couple of punched hearts from pink cardstock. The pink ribbon actually wraps around the front of the card by making a slit in the fold. I'm not sure I really like this way of putting the ribbon on but I placed a couple of glue dots under the ribbon to stabilize it. The final touch was a small pink butterfly in the upper left corner. I also added a small dot of Perfect Pearls on the butterfly as well.

Thanks for looking..........come back soon.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Wow, Vicki - this is beautiful! I'm glad you are enjoying your new SU! things:)

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...