Tuesday, October 6, 2009

CUTE WEDDING CARD

Today it was time to take a break from making Halloween and Autumn cards.
Ever since I started buying the Cuttlebug Folders, I had wished they would come out with a nice design for the corner of a card. One day when I was "shopping" on line I found this Sizzix folder which was perfect for what I had been wanting. Then on another day where I was browsing sites for ideas on cards, I saw a card basically made like this and just loved the stamped design.......so that meant another order. The stamp is by Stampendous.

Originally I stamped the design right on the cardstock but then realized the paper I was using was too light weight to color with Copic markers and not have the color show through. I stamped the design on another piece, colored it with my Copics and then cut it out and adhered it over the original stamped image. Tiny pearl embellishments were added to the centers of the flowers and a sheer pink ribbon tied to finish off he project.

If by chance the person who originally made a card so similar to this sees this, let me know. You had a wonderful card and I wish I remembered where I saw it. The card I cased had one extra embellishment -- a "Mr & Mrs" tag attached to the ribbon.

Thanks for looking! Come back again soon.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

This is a very lovely card! I do like the corner embossing. Adding the extra layer of the image is a great touch, albeit accidental!

Barb

Lynette said...

Very, very pretty card, Vicki! Great folder, and I love that the image is added on top.

Anne said...

Such a lovely card, Vicki. I don't know if you've heard, but GinaK has white cs that you can use your Copics on without them bleeding through.

Annie said...

Very pretty card Vicki!! I like the embossing in the corner, and your paper piecing is great!!
Annie

BUNNY TREAT BOX

This  treat box  is great for just adding a few small Easter treats. Thank you for stopping by!