Tuesday, November 17, 2009

GROUP SWAP CARD

Our Yahoo Group has three monthly swaps. Most of the time this particular swap is a challenge of some type although we are free to send a card of our choice. This month the "regular" swap was opened to whatever type of card you wanted to send. I was paired to send my card to our "Group Mom" and since I had several Thanksgiving cards made up, I thought it was a good opportunity to send her one and let her know that I am thankful for all the great work she does on our group.

This card has a strip of designer paper with fall leaves on the left side of the card. I cut and embossed a piece of Weathered Nutmeg paper with a Spellbinders Borderabilities with the leaves pattern and adhered it close to the right edge of the card. Then rather than throw away the tiny leaves which get cut out, I used three of them on the off white portion of the paper.

The design of the cute turkey (from Whipper Snapper Stamps) was stamped on off white paper and colored with Copic markers. Then I cut it with one of the Spellbinders Labels One dies. I then used the same die to cut the Terra Cotta Dots paper from Lasting Impressions but mounted it at an angle. The third layer was cut with a circle die from Spellbinders using the designer paper and finally the fourth layer was cut using the next larger size of circle die on the Terra Cotta paper.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you come back again soon...............and comments are always welcome.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

This is so cute, Vicki! Awesome coloring, great layout, pretty papers. And I like the "extra" leaves added to the card:)

A great way to use up sheets of your designer series papers is to do One Sheet Wonder patterns.  This one was a little different because you...