Tuesday, June 26, 2012

SHARE THE MOMENTS

The sentiment on this card is another piece I stamped off when I was with the members of our Yahoo group.  The actual stamp has a butterfly included, but I wanted to add some dimension to it so I didn't ink that part of the stamp.

Once I got home I put this card together.  I was in the mood to "make a statement" so I chose the bold yellow and black combination to go with the yellow butterfly. 

The card base was embossed using the Cuttlebug "D'Vine Swirls" folder.  I don't know that it shows but I did run the black layer through using a different Cuttlebug folder with raised dots (but not the Swiss Dots one because it has managed to disappear somewhere in my craft room).  The butterfly is from some that I purchased at Archiver's when our group visited there last year.

(I forgot to mention that the pearls were colored with a Copic marker to match the yellow card stock and butterfly.)
Thank you for stopping by!  Your comments mean a lot to me so tell me what you think.

5 comments:

Lynette said...

Very pretty, Vicki! Great sentiment and I love the butterfly.

Joanne said...

WOWZA....the color combo is AWESOME! Love the arrangement of the card and the beautiful butterfly! And now I am going to remember to get white pearls and COLOR them to match! What a great tip! THANKS!

Sheri said...

Love the sentiment. I would not think to use my own butterfly

Annie said...

What a striking card, yellow and black look so good together!

Ann Schach said...

Gorgeous card, Vicki! I love the texture! Your colored pearls are the perfect accent! This color combination is striking!

Using the pattern from  this  video referred to yesterday, you will get just one of this card.  Karen Titus added her squares right to the c...