Monday, March 18, 2013

"WATERCOLOR" EASTER CARDS


This was a fun but easy card to make.  I'm sure some crafters could take their markers and do something even better but I wasn't sure I could accomplish anything close.  Because time is going to be very busy this week and having grandchildren next week, the crunch was on for getting all the cards made that I wanted to send.  Hopefully I don't get any last minute requests.

This card used two stamps from the "Watercolor Wonder" stamp set from PapertreyInk and I thought rainbow colors would make such a bright cheery background for the cards I want  to send to area residents who are in independent living centers and care centers.  Hopefully the cards will bring some smiles and brighten their days.

Here are two additional cards that I made using the Watercolor Wonder stamps.

Next time I think I might make a design like this on a layer that can be popped up from the main white card base.  I think that might give a nice dimension to it and more character.

 Well we are still waiting on Spring........snow was falling here this morning.  I so hope that by Easter Sunday we will have a beautiful day.

 Thank you for stopping by!

3 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

These are so bright and cheerful! Love the colors that you used. And yes, truth be told...now I want a set of those watercolor swooshes :-)

Sheri said...

Love this one! SO springy. I was very tempted to get this set from PTI but didn't. I think it is so pretty and you will use it alot, I bet

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to get my set. I ordered it too. I thought it would be soooooo fun. Kris

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...