Tuesday, March 12, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ALLISON!


My niece, Allison, is celebrating her birthday today.  I decided to try making a really "happy" card.  First of all I cut some clouds with a PTI die and attached them to the top layer using temporary tape.  With the clouds in place, I sponged blue ink over the top 2/3 and gren over the bottom 1/3. 
 
The cloud die cut pieces were removed and a tiny Happy Birthday stamped inside one of them.  Flowers and buttons were then added.  To send the card I added some foam material from a package so that the buttons wouldn't punch through the envelope.  I also had the postmaster hand cancel the postage.
 
Thank you for stopping by!

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Vicki this is just so cute. I love your color choice. I never thought to use those clouds like that. Great idea!

Lynette said...

Pretty card, Vicki - love the clouds. Love the flowers, too. I bet Allison will love her special card.

Annie said...

What a cool way to make clouds!! This is such a sweet card, I'm sure she will love it!

The piece from Echo Park worked very well with Stampin' UP! Cherry Cobbler card stock.  The card stock was embossed with the Painted Tex...