Friday, February 20, 2015

SORTING THROUGH MY DP

While I was working on filling my shelves and reorganizing things in my "craft/computer" room, I started sorting through a stack of designer papers that I just had to have when I saw them.  Many of them have been here for way too long.  I remembered buying most of them but the one I used for these two cards was one that I didn't remember. 
 
I decided that I was going to use it right away.  The flower colors paired perfectly with Stampin' Up! Wisteria Wonder card stock.  I covered the top half of the white card base with a strip of the dp.  The piece for the bottom half was embossed with a Cuttlebug folder which also has a coordinating border folder in the set.
 
The flowered paper is so delicate and I didn't want to cover up much of the design.  I had found the banner in a tub of stamps offs and die cuts that had been made at one of our Yahoo Group gatherings and used it for the sentiment.
 
 
For the second card I didn't use the coordinating border folder but just used a leftover strip of Wisteria Wonder card stock and then placed a banner on top of it.

 
I hope you enjoy seeing how you can make a pretty card without a lot of work.
 
NOTE:  I have so much 12 x 12 dp and have decided that a single 12 x 12 sheet can make a lot of cards, and I do not normally make a lot of cards that are the same.  So I have started cutting the 12 x 12 sheets into pieces that are 12 x 6.  I keep one strip for myself and then cut the second one into two 6 x 6 pieces.  I package a big variety of 6 x 6 sheets to sell at the semi-annual stamp sales.  I was still able to get four cards made with the one strip I kept for myself and have a little left over.
 
Thank you for stopping by!

4 comments:

Lynette said...

SO pretty, Vicki! That paper is awesome, and you know how much I love the embossing folder. (I went and bought it this morning:) )

Ann Schach said...

Gorgeous, Vicki! I love the border!

Bonnie32002 said...

Oh my gosh! I love your idea on using your DP. I have collected so very much over the years it adds up to literally POUNDS OF PAPER! Thank for sharing the idea of selling it off!

Darnell said...

You inspire me, Vicki! I, too, have too much pp, and I love your idea of keeping part and selling part! And you also inspired me with your lovely design here, so thank you!!

You asked recently if there was a way to leave a comment on my blog. You will find the link at the bottom of each post after my signature block. It's on the same line, and right after, the clock time. If you click that "# comments," it will open up a popup box. Then click on the line at the top that says "Jump to comment form," so you don't have to scroll down through all the comments. Let me know if you still don't find it. Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Darnell

From the pattern on  this  video you will get two cards with this layout.  These are mine. Thank you for coming by today!