Thursday, February 5, 2015

BIRTHDAY CARDS

Our grandson's birthday is Saturday.  Both my mother and mother-in-law asked me make cards to send him. 

 
I had a few scraps of this SU designer paper on my table and wasn't sure how I was going to use it but I thought it would make a great background for a "happy" card.  I covered the white card base with a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of it.  Using a Darice folder, I embossed the edge of a white 4" x 5 1/4" piece of card stock. 
 
I didn't want to put the design on the wide open space next to the embossed balloons, so I measured the open space and then cut another piece of the SU dp.  The white top layer was then cut 1/4" smaller on each side and added.
 
I had a Marvy punch that I used for the balloons and then just drew in the strings with an SU Pacific Point marker.  The "Happy Birthday" is a die cut from a Whimsy Stamps set.
 
 
Our grandson plays Little League Baseball in the summer.  I've had these Charlie Brown stamps for such a long time and don't think I had ever used them.  In fact, I had them out to think about selling them.  Now I'm glad I didn't.  Their school colors are orange and black although the uniforms for baseball aren't, but I still went with the orange and black since it made a brighter card.

 
The second stamp also had Charlie Brown pitching and since Tucker has tried pitcing some with his team I stamped, colored and then carefully trimmed the image to adhere to the inside of the card.
 
Although he will be glad to get the cards, I'm sure he will be more interested in what is inside. 
 
Hope you will take a moment to leave a comment.....I always appreciate hearing from you.  Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to come back tomorrow to see the cute card I made for us to send Tucker using punches.  (Just a teaser)

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Both of these are awesome, Vicki! I love the Darice folder with balloons. Not sure I've seen that one. And your Charlie Brown stamps are great! I'm so glad you used them instead of selling them!

A great way to use up sheets of your designer series papers is to do One Sheet Wonder patterns.  This one was a little different because you...