Monday, February 23, 2015

PIECES FROM THE PAST

 
I didn't know how to put a title on this post.  Two or three years ago a friend (Harriet) gave all of us at one of our "Gatherings" some of these metallic punch out flowers. 
 
Unfortunately when I came home a lot of the items from that gathering were placed in a Rubbermaid tub and way too many were not used.  While reorganizing my room and going through that tub, I found these beautiful pieces that were crying out to be used.  Each design has four layers.
 
 
I put this flower together using foam dots between each layer.  There is another one that you will see tomorrow.  I looked at them and they are so pretty but then I wondered how I wanted to display them on a card to do them justice.  The two items sat on my table.  Things seemed to come together the next day and I am very happy with the outcome of both.
 
The white and Stampin' Up! So Saffron mats were cut with the SU Framelits Labels die set.  I embossed the white one with the Swiss Dots folder.  For the small label I lightly sponged the edges with the So Saffron ink. 
 
Be sure to come back tomorrow to see the other beautiful set.   I'm going to have a hard time forcing myself to actually send these two cards to someone. 
 
Thank you for stopping by today!

3 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

I am so glad you came across these - the card is so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

This is just beautiful. great card.

bonnie32002 said...

I have a big tub of embellishments to keep then together too. Some slip to the bottom not to be seen for a long long time. I am glad you found these when reorganizing...you certainly did justice to that beautiful metal flower!

Using the pattern from  this  video referred to yesterday, you will get just one of this card.  Karen Titus added her squares right to the c...