Monday, March 2, 2020

LASTING IMPRESSIONS - EASTER EGG



Last Thursday marked the sixth anniversary of when we lost the "Mother" of our group on the Internet.  It was suggested that all of us spend some time in our stamp room in honor of Joanne.  When our group was formed we started off mainly as a group that did dry embossing.  Joanne made wonderful cards using the templates.   I hadn't used my brass stencils in a very long time so I decided to pull them out.

My first instinct was to dry emboss the pieces on colored Lasting Impressions papers, cut them out and then assemble them.  (Joanne was very good at this.)  I quickly discovered that trimming them out was not as easy as it used to be.  

Instead I elected to dry emboss the design and then sponge SU Perfect Plum ink through the openings.  That worked very well on this design.  I matted with SU dp and then added it to the white card base.  The "Happy Easter" is from Darcie's.  I'm definitely going to look through more of my brass stencils to see how many I can use in this manner.

Thank you for stopping by today!

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

I haven't used any of my brass stencils in a very long time. In fact, I haven't even thought about them! Thanks for the reminder. Sometimes it's fun to go back to the old crafting techniques. Your card turned out beautifully.

Lynette said...

Ah, how we miss Joanne. :( That is awesome that you got so many cards made while thinking of her.

From the pattern on  this  video you will get two cards with this layout.  These are mine. Thank you for coming by today!