Friday, March 6, 2020

USING MORE CARD PARTS


The alcohol ink background for this card had been on my table for a long time with some other ones that were made at the same time.  I added the die cut piece on it allowing the alcohol ink piece to also act as a border.  I matted it again with black card stock before putting it on the white card base.  

My sister's birthday is tomorrow and this is the card I sent to her.  The sentiment is appropriate since we are in Iowa and she is now permanently residing in the southern tip of Florida.  I debated about doing anything with the white space above the sentiment from Penny Black "Eloquence".  I discovered that I had a tiny butterfly sticker from "Litle B".  The wings don't appear to be the right color but the jewel on the butterfly is a perfect match.  

Thank you for stopping by today!

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Your card is beautiful! I really love that background and the way it shows through the die cut space. The butterfly was a great addition. I think your sister will love it.

Lynette said...

Great job of continuing to use up card parts! I'm still working on it, too. (Very slowly, though.)

Jackie Bolhuis had a  video a few weeks ago using these little birds. All of these use the layouts use a strip of dsp measure 1 3/4"-2...