Wednesday, August 26, 2020

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY MOTHER



Today my mother will be 98 YEARS OLD!!!  She certainly deserves a card that is more special than the ordinary cards I make otherwise.  Mother survived a fall on Palm Sunday in April and spent 3 months in a rehabilitation center trying to get back to her apartment.  It was a struggle! She had to be tested for Covid-19 before being allowed to go back to her apartment and the day before she was to be released.......she tested positive.  Thankfully a week later she tested negative and was allowed to leave.  The roller coaster of ups and downs had finally come to an end.  Her memory has failed some with all of the disruption in her routine. She has slipped physically a lot since her fall but we are sooooo happy to still have her with us.


When I saw one of these made on the Summer Retreat I took part in, I really wanted to give it a try.  It's a card that really takes some planning.  The first one I made was not something I was happy with.  The second one was just OK but not what I was aiming for. When I finally got the die set to make the flower on the front of the card, I knew what I was going for and I had the designer paper already.  I hope she likes the card as much as I do.  



The independent living center where my mother lives had just begun allowing scheduled outdoor appointments for 15 minutes with our loved ones. Then the Derecho hit our area and I lost total communication with my Mother for nearly 2 weeks. They were able to get some power back through generators and finally the power was restored. Phone service to my mother didn't happen until late Saturday. What a blessing it was to be able to talk to her Sunday afternoon.  Ridgeview is making an exception to their visitation schedule and I am going to get to see Mother this morning.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!!!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

What a beautiful card, and so special for your mother. Happy Birthday to her!! That's quite an accomplishment! Jim's mom made it past 99, but my mom only made it to 83. :( I'm so happy that your mother survived all that she had to go through, and that you get to see her today. Hurrah!!

Cheryl W said...

What an amazing card!! And I'm so glad you get to give it to her in person. Have a wonderful visit. I'm certain she'll LOVE this card.

Anonymous said...

Wow just BEAUTIFUL 😻

I had a square of the Cheerful Daisy dsp and a scrap of the Pebbled Path dsp.  I die cut the daisies pieces and added them to the book binde...