Tuesday, August 25, 2020

STAMPIN' UP! - Avant Garden


Recently I watched a video by Brandy Cox, a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, and she made a card like this.  Since I have that stamp set, and loved the color combination, I watched the video a second time and followed along to make one like it.  

The flower is stamped and then fussy cut.  A second "bloom" was stamped and set at a slight angle to the first one.  The dotted background is made with a small stamp and then just rotated around the outside edge of the white layer.  I love how it really sets off the entire design.

Thank you for coming by today!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

So pretty, Vicki! I can see why you wanted to make one like it. The flower is great, and so is the stamped background.

Cheryl W said...

We don't often think to use black cardstock behind out images, but it really works well on this card. I like your dotty background, too. I have that Stampin' Up stamp, but I hadn't thought to use it to make a background pattern.

I had a square of the Cheerful Daisy dsp and a scrap of the Pebbled Path dsp.  I die cut the daisies pieces and added them to the book binde...