Thursday, August 20, 2020

STAMPIN' UP! - Birthday Bouquet designer paper #4


This is called a "Recessed Panel Card".  I've made them before and I really like them.  The directions I saw wasted an entire 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of designer paper attached to the front of the card base.  I didn't have that much left but by laying it diagonally across the card base I was able to use a pencil to draw lines for the space I wanted to show open.

Next I took a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of white card stock and made cuts that coordinated with the piece of designer paper.  Instead of following the directions for the Old Olive pieces, I simply cut long strips, trimmed of the excess, added them under the white triangles and then attached them over the designer paper.  

It's a little hard to describe the way I did mine.   If someone knows the name of this style, please post it in the comments.

Thank you for coming by today!



3 comments:

Cheryl W said...

I love this card layout, too. Haven't made it in a long time, though. I always appreciate being reminded of classy layouts like this one, so thanks! Your DSP is really pretty--glad you could angle it to get it to work. I just use the thin strips of cardstock to make edging, too. seems silly to put cardstock where it isn't necessary and can't be seen.

GAZ said...

Very pretty card and I like how you added fussy cut flowers at the top. Thanks for sharing. GlendaJ

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Great very unique very well done I love it!
Nancy

I had a square of the Cheerful Daisy dsp and a scrap of the Pebbled Path dsp.  I die cut the daisies pieces and added them to the book binde...