Monday, March 14, 2022

FRIENDSHIP CARD


It's Monday and I had forgotten to schedule something to show up on my blog for today.  The weather has turned quite nice here finally and I think I must have Spring Fever.  (Anyway, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.)

One of my high school friends is going through a difficult time with her health.  When we had our 50th Class Reunion, she was such a big help and is such a sweet person.  Since I don't live close enough to be of any help to her, I am sending cards to her at least once a week to help her remember how much we love her.  

This is actually a card I made some time ago.  While I was going through things in my craft room I ran across it and thought it was kind of fun and different than the ones I have been sending.  To do the colors of ink, I am pretty sure I took the edge of a stamp pad and just swiped it across areas to give kind of an artsy look.  Then I added the two layers of butterfly and a quick little hello in the lower corner.

Thank you for coming by today!

 

3 comments:

Cheryl W said...

I think your ink swipes add an element of movement to your card design. I like it!

Christine said...

Pretty, great choice of colours. I'm sure your friend will appreciate it

Lynette said...

What a cool effect - great card. So sweet of you to send cards to your friend to let her know you're thinking of her.

I had a square of the Cheerful Daisy dsp and a scrap of the Pebbled Path dsp.  I die cut the daisies pieces and added them to the book binde...