Tuesday, March 22, 2022

CASING CONNIE STEWART

A few days ago I ran across a video which Connie Stewart made about a month ago doing this type of card.  You can watch the video HERE.  While going through things on my table, I happened across a strip of this Origami paper and thought it would make a great piece to make the card.   

The card base is ivory.  A strip of designer paper is added to the card base.  Accent strips are adhered to the edges of the two ivory pieces and then those pieces are added with dimensionals. 

 I heat embossed the sentiment and punched it out.  Dimensionals were placed on the middle section and little dots of glue were placed on the left and right sides of the piece before placing it on the card. 

This is a great way to use up some of those narrow strips of designer papers that you have in your stash and are just too pretty to throw away.

Thank you for coming by today!

1 comment:

Cheryl W said...

You're right, this is a fabulous way to use up some of those narrow strips. I've had a few of those, and I need to remember this design. I think I might try dry-embossing the two white panels, too, for some additional dimension.

I had a square of the Cheerful Daisy dsp and a scrap of the Pebbled Path dsp.  I die cut the daisies pieces and added them to the book binde...