Monday, November 4, 2019

SOMETIMES SIMPLE IS BEST


I die cut the piece in white but then took some time trying to decide how I wanted to use it.  I still have several sheets of Yupo paper that were done in alcohol inks and chose this one.  I liked that there was gold that showed through,

Using a Spellbinders circle die I cut a circle of the Yupo paper slightly smaller than the white design and added it to the shiny gold circle which was larger than the white designs.  I wanted some dimension so I added the white layer on the other two circles using small foam squares.

Now I had this pretty design but was having a hard time finding the right way to use it.  None of my Stampin' Up! papers were the right color but I found a piece in a pad of Tim Holtz Core'dinations papers.  I debated about embossing the paper from the pad, but left it plain and decided that sometimes "simple is best"...........letting the circle speak for itself on the card with no further embellishment.

Thank you for coming by today!

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Very pretty! Your card design and the colors you used remind me of some of the asian-influenced designs I've seen.

Lynette said...

Gorgeous die-cut, and beautifully backed.

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...