Wednesday, November 13, 2019

IMPRESSION OBSESSION - Merry Christmas


Last spring I was able to make an unscheduled stop at Memory Bound in Ankeny, Iowa.  Naturally I found some things that I really "needed", but I also was pleased to find some Impression Obsession Christmas stamps that were marked way down.  I bought four different designs. Two more are scheduled for this week.  The fourth one is one we will be using to make the cards for the living center and care center.

Impression Obsession only put F21136 on the package - no name of the stamp.  I stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored with Copics (R27, G05 and G17).  A red mat was added.

I was going to just add it to the white card base but it looked a little plain so I used a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of embossed card stock and added it to the card base first.  The matted design was added with foam squares.

Below is a second card with the same colors and layout.  On the first card I was wishing the "Merry Christmas" could have been  heat embossed in gold.  I stamped the design again with VersaMark and heat embossed it with Egyptian Gold powder.  I like the "Merry Christmas" but I don't like the rest of it.  It didn't color as nicely as the first one.  I won't be doing it again like the second card.


Thank you for coming by today!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Pretty cards, Vicki. It looks nice in gold, but, like you, I think I prefer the black. What a great stamp! Awesome that you got it at a reduced price.

Cheryl W said...

Yup, I agree. I like the black ink outline best. I like the size of this stamp. It's big enough to be the focus of the card. The embossed snowy panel behind it is a nice addition.

From the pattern on  this  video you will get two cards with this layout.  These are mine. Thank you for coming by today!