Tuesday, December 1, 2009

CHRISTMAS POINSETTIA #1

This was a new experiment for me. I've seen these done and didn't know how easy it was to use an embossing folder and get that "blank space" in the middle.

The white card stock is from Paper Trey. I used the SU Poinsettia embossing folder for the background design. To leave the oval part solid, I placed the paper in the folder as I normally do and then put a wood frame which I got from Michael's over the embossing folder. My layers with the Cuttlebug were as follows:
A Plate
Paper in Folder
Wood frame with oval opening centered on the front of the card
B Plate

The stamped Poinsettia is from Penny Black and was stamped using SU Real Red and Wild Wasabi ink. I added the yellow with the Summer Sun SU marker.

Comments are always welcome! Thanks for stopping by!!!

(P.S. To answer the question on the comments: the wood frame is 1/8" thick.)

2 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

All right now, Vicki, you've got me wondering now!!! I have seen this before myself but yet have to try it. I am just wondering how thick that wood frame is that the B plate still gave enough pressure to emboss the cs? My mind is going in over drive and with not much success :D:D:D:D. I love this cute little card and would love to try it. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Lynette said...

Very pretty, Vicki! Great job of using the wood frame.

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...