Thursday, December 10, 2009

CHRISTMAS #7 AND #8

The weather outside is frightful - blizzard yesterday and today FRIGID!!!!! My mother is staying with us for a few days since she lives alone in the country and we didn't want her to be stranded there in case the electricity was to go off and we would be unable to get to her. So during her stay, my time isn't necessarily "my time". Since I missed posting a card yesterday, I'm giving you two ideas today. Tell me what you think...........

My friend Georgia was the recipient of this card. Card stock is Brilliant Blue from SU. The tree design is from Penny Black, Inc. I stamped it with SU Craft White ink and then added the silver flat Metallic Decor pieces from Hero Arts. Not much explanation is needed with this card but I really liked the blue and white combination.

This is a card I sent to my friend Sheri. I used the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots border to emboss the top edge of the card and scored two lines below it with my Scor-Pal. I then stamped the tree with VersaMark and embossed it with Egyptian Gold EP. As you can see, I added a diamond pattern with my Scor-Pal to the left of the tree design and popped a little "Seasons Greetings" sentiment on top. Final touch was to add the ribbon across the dotted border.

Comments are always welcome...................hope you come back again soon!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

They are both so beautiful, Vicki! Love the blue and white. I love the scoring on the second one, too. Well, the whole thing! I tend to move from one thing to another and forget to go back to those things i really like - like the diagonal scoring:)

Chookarooni said...

Both lovely cards Vicki - esp the blue one -

Barbara said...

Vicki, both card are wonderful! I really like the first one. I saw that stamp at Hobby Lobby less than two hours ago!! Now I wish I'd gotten it! It looks so elegant on that color blue and with the little embellies.

Barb

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...