Friday, December 4, 2009

CHRISTMAS #3


Today's card is one I sent to a friend (Joyce) on a Yahoo Group. As the group receives their cards, I will be posting them here for you to use as ideas as well.

The basic card is obviously white card stock which I ran through the Cuttlebug using a folder from Stampin Up. I absolutely love that folder!!!

I then took a piece of white CS which was 5 1/2 inches long and punched the long edge with the Martha Stewart Holly edge punch. I wanted the holly leaves to be green so I put a narrow strip of green cs under the punched edge. I stamped the vertical sentiment and then added a narrow layer of Real Red cs under the white layer.

The small wreath from Clear Dollar Stamps was stamped with green and berries colored with the Real Red SU marker. Final step was to cut the stamped image with my circle dies from Spellbinders and adhere it to green and red layers from larger circle dies.

Comments are always welcome...........thank you for stopping by!

2 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

Vicki, OMGosh, this is so BEAUTIFUL...really beautiful!!! I love the simplicity. The embossing is stunning. Love it :D. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Lynette said...

Awesome card, Vicki! I love that punch.

Using the pattern from  this  video referred to yesterday, you will get just one of this card.  Karen Titus added her squares right to the c...