Thursday, August 26, 2010

CARD FOR THE CAR LOVER

I've been making a lot of very simple cards. This was about as easy as it gets. One time I received a swap card and the theme was to be a card for a man. The paper she used was like this and I discovered a sheet of it in my stash of papers. It's a sheet of old cars like this. I was able to trim a strip of three of them down so they fit on the card just right. Part of what I trimmed off was the narrow strip of brown that I placed along the right edge of the card.

When my father was alive, he had an Model A. Eventually that car went to my brother. I think I will save this card and send it to him for his birthday.

I admire cards I see on other blogs with the very pretty embellishments but most of the time I don't like to put a lot of expense into any single card unless it is for a very special occasion. I've found that some very simple cards can be just as fun to make, less time consuming, less expensive and will be just as appreciated.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

This is a perfect masculine card! I agree with you about the embellishments - plus I like to be able to mail my cards!!

Sheri said...

That is such a cool card. Any guy I know would love it!

Lynette said...

Super, Vicki! I agree with you about simple cards - they are appreciated just as much - or more!

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...