Saturday, August 14, 2010

USING ALCOHOL INK

A few days ago I was cleaning up my craft table so I could have my friend come to spend some time learning some new simple techniques for making cards. I ran across all kinds of "pieces" that had been made but not finished into a card so I decided it was time to use some of them.

I had a piece of glossy white paper which I had used with some alcohol inks and it already had the stamped image on it. The design had been stamped with Stampin Up Tempting Turquoise ink so I mounted it on a piece of the SU matching card stock after using a Martha Stewart edge punch on the one side.

This piece was then adhered to the front of a card which had already been run through the Cuttlebug with a Sizzix embossing folder.

Thank you for stopping by!

1 comment:

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my goodness, Vicki, this is so beautiful!! I see I need to get some glossy cs ;D. The stamps you've used are so awesome for this technique...LOVE it!! I am sorry I have not been around much, but life gets in the way ever so often. I will have to stay up later at night or get up earlier in the morning to go and see all of my favorite blogging friends :D:D. Have a wonderful weekend!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Jackie Bolhuis had a  video a few weeks ago using these little birds. All of these use the layouts use a strip of dsp measure 1 3/4"-2...