Saturday, February 19, 2011

CORRECTING AN INK SMUDGE

I doubt there are any stampers out there who haven't now and then gotten an ink smudge from a finger or some other boo boo.  We learn to be creative in order to cover those up so that the entire project doesn't get discarded.  One of my favorites is having the card all done and then when I stamp the sentiment inside the card as a finishing touch, I accidentally get a little ink on the inside from a finger.  Little butterflies or flowers can cover those up and actually look like they were supposed to be there. 

Today's card is using the same set of Papertrey stamps.  While I had the stamps all centered just the way I liked them, I thought it would be good to make another card.  On this card I used an ecru card stock and Stampin Up Baja Breeze ink.  When I stamped the birds into the open windows, the stamps cling just a little to the card stock so I tip the upper edge of the acrylic block up to lift it off. 

Well, I must have had a little ink on the very edge of the acrylic block so I noticed there were little hints of the ink just above the "Thinking of You" sentiment.  OK.........now what do you do!?!?  I had taken the Michelle Zindorf class last summer and we did masking with post it notes.  So I decided to give it a try.  I masked off the narrow area above the sentiment and sponged on ink and then repeated it below the sentiment.  It worked!  And I like it.

So how do you "cover up" little boo boos on your cards?  I'd love to hear your ideas!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

What a pretty, pretty card, Vicki - and such a great idea for covering up the boo-boo!

Joanne said...

First I want to tell you what a BEAUTIFUL card this is! Thank you for giving directions in an earlier post...I saved them! Your idea for covering a smudge is a life saver! If I smudge, I try to put an embellishment over it, but when it's close to the saying, I'm stumped!!! NOT ANYMORE...I will remember this! THANKS!

Ann Schach said...

Interesting post, Vicki! I am not sure how I would have corrected a mistake like this. However, you did a fabulous job!

   These are two cards I made using the second format from Robin Armbrecht's video.  (You can see a link in yesterday's post.)  I li...