Sunday, May 6, 2012

CASING MY FRIEND, HARRIET

My friend Harriet (allycat cards) made a card recently using this butterfly stamp.  I absolutely LOVED her card because I LOVE butterflies.  Since I also have that same stamp but hadn't used it quite yet, it seemed like the logical time to get it out and make a card.  I liked her card so much I even used the same colors.  I believe she water colored her designs but I shaded mine with Copic markers. 

Harriet's card was a one layer vertical card.  Mine is a horizontal card.  Because I used Copic markers that do bleed through the white layer, I matted mine. The layer was added to an SU Ballet Blue card stock which went well with the blue used on the one butterfly.

This made such a quick and easy card that I decided to make another one using the same stamp.  I'll have another version of this card to post tomorrow.  Make sure you visit Harriet's blog, too!

Thank you for stopping by!

2 comments:

Char said...

Love your card, Vicki!!

Harriet Skelly said...

Vicki this is beautiful - I love the layout here and the coloring is beautifully done! Thanks for the honor of casing me!

A great way to use up sheets of your designer series papers is to do One Sheet Wonder patterns.  This one was a little different because you...