Sunday, February 3, 2013

TWO VALENTINES

Yesterday turned out to be more busy than I had planned but was a fun day.  We drove an hour to where one of our daughters lives and watched her son (who will be 7 on the 7th of February) in a little practice basketball game.  Then we watched his 14 year old sister play a game in a tournament at a different school.  After church we went to a soup supper to raise funds for a town celebration marking 150 years of our "city".  They also had a silent auction and I won two of the three items I bid on.  So I didn't get a card posted, but this is the one I had planned for Saturday.

This was a fun card to make since it was so different than any I had done before.  I had borrowed some Quickutz dies from my friend, Lynette last summer.  This is such a fun die because the letters pop up to give great dimension.  The paper is from Lasting Impressions.  I left a wide enough margin at the top of the strip to make the heart design with a Martha Stewart punch.  This piece was added to the card base which had been embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder.


This is the card I had marked to post today.  First I cut a piece with SU Pretty in Pink paper which was slightly smaller than the A2 card base.  Using another Quickutz die from my friend, I cut the "I LOVE YOU".  I placed the pink piece in the embossing folder with the bottom portion hanging outside.  After embossing the heart design, I scored three lines between the die cut and the embossing.  The hearts were cut with two other Quickutz dies using Lasting Impress papers and added to the front of the card using foam dots..  I like the shape of the hearts.

Thank you for stopping by!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

I like the way you used the dies, Vicki - very pretty cards! Sounds like a very busy and fun weekend you had.

Sheri said...

Both very pretty cards but I love the pop up one! I have a couple of those but have not used them yet.

Ann Schach said...

What awesome dies, Vicki! I love those pop-up letters. Great texture on both cards!

BUNNY TREAT BOX

This  treat box  is great for just adding a few small Easter treats. Thank you for stopping by!