Monday, February 18, 2013

SAME DESIGN - TWO VERSIONS


A few days ago I wanted to get a card made that I could have on hand for a man's birthday.  I made the above one-layer card.  The top could still use something - maybe a couple passes of a brown twine.  I will probably use it for someone but decided to make a second one similar to it.

This is the second version using the same design  I just trimmed it down so the layer could be added to an SU Chocolate Chip card base.  I also rounded just the top two corners of the top layer and added a strip of grass from a Martha Stewart punch.  I like this one much better.

Thank you so much for stopping by!

4 comments:

Sheri said...

I really like this one. I am going to case it for sure. What a wonderful guy card!

Annie said...

I liked the first one a lot, til I saw the second one, much more finished looking, I like it with the grass and the mat.

bonnie32002 said...

I really like them both. I am a sucker for a well designed one layer card and this one sure is!

Ann Schach said...

Wow...I really love these cards! My fave would be the second one, too. The grass is the perfect detail.

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...