Thursday, January 16, 2014

VIVID VASES - #2


Using the same stamp set again for this card, I used just three of the vases.  I covered the card base with a piece of the Sweet Sorbet dp. 
 
Next step was to cut one of the SU White Tea Lace Doilies in half and add the top portion of it to a piece of Pistachio Pudding card stock.    In order to get the vases right where I wanted them I used the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to position the design.  The image was then stamped so that part of the design was on the doily and part was on the card stock.
 
I paperpieced the vases once again.  I wasn't sure if it would work to color the flowers but I used the Daffodil Delight marker to color them and the color does show up.
 
I trimmed down the Pistachio Pudding layer.  Although the picture makes it look like the doily is on crooked, I did carefully measure so that the top edges were each 1 3/4" above the border.  (NOTE:  I had only attached the top edge of the doily at this point because I wanted to be able to hold the doily up in order to trim the bottom edge of the card stock.)
 
The Crisp Cantelope mat was cut so it would give borders of 1/4" on all sides.  Finally I added the design to the front of the card.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Very pretty! I love the doily you used to put the pretty vases on.

Bonnie32002 said...

I love the vases on the doily, so Victorian!

   These are two cards I made using the second format from Robin Armbrecht's video.  (You can see a link in yesterday's post.)  I li...