Tuesday, October 28, 2014

STAMPIN UP SERENE SILHOUETTES

 
I love making cards with silhouette designs and really like the images from this stamp set.  I haven't used them nearly often enough.  To start, I took an 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of SU Baja Breeze card stock, folded it for the card base and then embossed the front with one of the SU folders. 
 
I had a piece of white card stock that was about 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".  Using SU Baja Breeze and Old Olive inks, I began sponging the colors on that piece.  I didn't need to cover the entire piece because I was going to trim it down for a matted layer.
 
After I had enough color, I stamped the design using VersaFine Black Onyx ink.  This layer was added to a black and then a white mat. 
 
Thank you for stopping by today!

2 comments:

Bonnie32002 said...

The sponged background makes the silhouette image really pop!

Sandy said...

I really do like this Vicki. I'm still working on getting my sponging technique so I'm comfortable with it. I think I make just CASE this one. TFS
Sandy

Using the pattern from  this  video referred to yesterday, you will get just one of this card.  Karen Titus added her squares right to the c...