Friday, November 3, 2017

THANKSGIVING CARD #1


I missed a couple of days posting cards.  I've been busy cutting pieces for my two friends and I to start making cards for the holidays.  The three of us met here at 9:00 yesterday and after chatting a bit we started an assembly line. 

You're not going to believe this...........I couldn't believe it!  We completed 97 Thanksgiving cards before Noon.  Fortunately I happened to have everything all lined up for the Christmas cards as well.   We continued on and completed 53 Christmas cards and 75% of the additional Christmas cards that we need for the nursing home and independent living center.  150 completed and 44 more almost finished.  We worked until around 3:30.  It wasn't all work though .....we had a lot of fun visiting throughout the process.

We made 44 of this card for the independent living center where my mother resides.  I have an over abundance of Last Impressions papers so I chose what I think is called a "weathered" piece of this rust colored card stock to use for some pieces.   The strip at the bottom was embossed with a folder from The Paper Studio.  The stamped design was done with a stamp from Inkadinkadoo and colored with Copic markers.

Monday I will post pictures of the cards that will go to the nursing home.  In the meantime, I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

bonnie32002 said...

That is an amazing number of cards made! You and your friends must have had a great time!

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...