Monday, September 9, 2019

COLOR BURST TREES


A week or so ago I pulled out some dies that I had to have but not sure I'd ever used.  I had a stack of papers that I had made using Color Burst powders. One of the dies I had out was "Tall Trees" from Penny Black. 

The idea for the card came from Pinterest but I changed the vertical card to a horizontal format and instead of a square "window" I used an oval.  The window was cut into a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch piece of ivory card stock.  The sample I saw mentioned putting a piece of vellum behind the window so I did too but not sure that it was all that necessary since the piece was added to a card base.

The sentiment was stamped with a Taylored Expressions stamp and then cut with the coordinating die.

Thanks for coming by today!

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Those trees are so pretty! Aren't Brushos fun? I love playing around with them to see what kind of colored cardstock I can make. Your card design is awesome and just right for fall.

Lynette said...

Great trees - I'm glad you used that die. Pretty colors, too.

From the pattern on  this  video you will get two cards with this layout.  These are mine. Thank you for coming by today!