Thursday, November 14, 2019

TRADITIONAL COLOR vs NON-TRADITIONAL - 2 cards



Sometimes I like to use non-traditional colors on Christmas cards.  I have a few of the new blender markers from Stampin' Up!.  I wanted to use the new Balmy Blue card stock so I picked out three colors that worked pretty well together.  The stamp is from Impression Obsession and I found a name for this one....."Patterned Trees".  

I wanted to make several of these so I used my MISTI to stamp them on the lower half of a 3 3/4" x 5" piece of card stock.  The trees were colored with Highland Heather, Balmy Blue and Old Olive & a Copic E31 for the trunks of the trees.  I added the gold metal pieces to the top of each tree and added the no brand Merry Christmas die cut.


I like the first card really well, but this one is my favorite.  I used the light and dark Old Olive blenders for this one and the Copic E31 for the trunks.

So which one is your favorite?  Thank you for coming by today!


2 comments:

Lynette said...

My favorite is the second one, too:) How fun!

Cheryl W said...

These are wonderful cards! I can see why you made several of them. I love them both, but I really, really like the non-traditional colors.

CARDS FOR TWO CARE CENTERS

This past Tuesday one of my friends came and we assembled cards for two care centers.  The pictures show an assortment of the papers that we...