Saturday, July 29, 2023

HAPPY 57th ANNIVERSARY TO MY SISTER & BIL


Like my mother, my sister is a quilter.  She has made and helped make many quilts for the Linus Project.  I made this card after watching a video from Rita Holmes and decided it was a great one to send my sister and her husband for their 57th Anniversary.  I had posted it on the Facebook site for Rita Holmes and did not realize that my sister was going to see it.  I had made mention that I would be sending it to her and said "I hope she likes it."  She made a reply to the post and said "I do."  That was back in June or early July so I told her to forget what she saw so she can be surprised again.

The squares were made with a 1 1/4" punch and arranged easily on a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of white card stock.  The spacing was pretty easy.  After they were adhered, the piece was run through my Cuddlebug with an embossing folder to give the look of being quilted.  Then it was added to the card base.


Rita showed how she added a couple of pieces inside.  Thank you for stopping by today!



 

3 comments:

Wanda said...

Your sister will love the quilted card. You did a nice job making it and I love the two quilt squares inside. Nice touch!

Lynette said...

Very pretty, Vicki!! I'm sure your sister will love it. LOL!

Cheryl W said...

Very nice card--and especially nice for a quilter. I'm certain your sister will love it.

The sentiment inside of this card is wishing friends a Happy Anniversary. Thank you for coming by today!