Saturday, May 4, 2024

Choosing the right paper is important!


Heidi Collins demonstrated this layout on a YouTube video that I cannot find again.  I had the Softly Stippled dsp on my table and decided to use it.  I love the soft colors of this one but the card is pretty "blah".  It is a little better in person but I wasn't happy with it.

In an effort to use up more of my older dsp, I pulled out the Hydrangea Hill dsp and made the one below.  It doesn't show up very well, but the 4" x 5 1/4" piece of dsp does have a subtle flower design.


Thank you for coming by today!

 

5 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

They are both pretty but the teal colored one calls to me lol! It just feels so relaxing. I will check out the one sheet wonder sketch, thanks!

Jeanne H said...

I think the pale aqua card is just wonderful, my favorite.

Lynette said...

I think they are both pretty, Vicki!! I love the softness of the first one. The second one is maybe a bit cheerier.

Wanda said...

Very pretty cards. I do love that layout.

Cheryl W said...

Pretty! This layout has lots of possibilities. I can see using a die-cut flower in place of the circle sentiment and then maybe adding just a small strip sentiment. The circle could also be a stamped image, rather than a sentiment. If only we had more time...

The dsp is from Thoughtful Journey.  The deer are from Impression Obsession.  The die that I used to cut the trees actually had trees comple...