Friday, July 19, 2024


I'm seeing all of these fun designs for Quilt cards and challenging myself to give them a try.  Julie Heitz has a VIDEO on YouTube that gives very good directions if you would like to give it a try.  This was a design called "Old Mill Wheel".   This was my second try making one.  I didn't quilt it but kind of wish I had.  It looks pretty plain.  I do think another choice of dsp and a colored background would make a big difference.  

I debated about showing you my first experiment but though it might help you if you decide to give it a try.  


If you decide to try this pattern, grab some old dsp that you don't like or are no longer using.  I grabbed this design which, as you can see, is directional.  After I had it all assembled, I realized that I could have had the papers all going in the same direction, except for the two in the center.  To accomplish that I would have had to punch an extra circle.  If I make more of this design, I will be more mindful of the papers I choose.

Thank you for coming by today!



 

1 comment:

Wanda said...

Both are beautiful but the top one created an optial illusion for me. LOL What fun cards. Lots of oieces, time and love went into making these.

The chevrons were cut from Neutral 6 x 6 dsp with Die-Namics dies.  I chose the Soft Suede and Crumb Cake pieces because I thought they woul...