Sunday, August 1, 2010

AUGUST CALENDAR

I almost forgot to make one. Then I saw the one my friend Lynette made and decided I would try to get something put together. My husband will soon be back to driving a bus for school so my first thought was about so many schools starting during August, but what did I have? Then I had a vague recollection of a stamp set I had and found this My Favorite Things stamp set in my "collection".

I placed the individual clear stamps where I wanted them right on the blank white space and then pressed the acrylic block down on the stamps so that they would all get stamped where I wanted them. Three individual apples were stamped at the bottom border.

The globe, the books and the apples were all colored with SU markers. Then I needed a "skin color" and used my Copic "Pinkish White" (ROO) to color the arms, legs and neckline of the teacher. I just couldn't figure out how I wanted to color what she was wearing so I decided to use this small print from a Basic Grey paper pad and paper pieced the suit.

And I was finished..........My mind was pretty much a blank slate when I started and wasn't sure I'd come up with anything I liked........but I decided this is just fine.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Very nice but I like the last day of school ones better - hehe.

Lynette said...

Great job, Vicki! (It wouldn't work up here, though - school starts in September! LOL!

And here are the final four cards you get from  this  video by Karen Titus.    I may try to do this with some papers from some other collect...