Friday, July 6, 2012

MAY GOD BLESS YOU

Sunday will be the last Mass and a Farewell Dinner for our priest.  We have only had him with us for two years and he is being moved.  I think there are big plans for him in the future.  We were so fortunate that he was with us long enough that he led our pilgrimage to Rome in March.

My mother-in-law asked me to make a card for him.  I heat embossed a very pretty Eucharist design with a stamp from Our Daily Bread using VersaMark ink and then Egyptian Gold embossing powder from Judi Kins.  Since I wanted to add a gold sheer ribbon to the side, I stamped the design a little off center.

Next I took an 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 piece of vellum and scored it so it would go over the card base.  The sentiment "May God Bless You" was centered over the design which appears underneath it. 

Tomorrow my post will be the card that I made for us to give Fr. Brian.  If you have any questions, please be sure to ask.  Your comments are always welcome so let me know what you think.  Thanks for stopping by! 

4 comments:

Sheri said...

That is just so elegant. I am sure it will mean a great deal to him. Where is he going?

Anonymous said...

beautiful
~Pat~

Anonymous said...

Very pretty - Kris

Lynette said...

Very pretty card, Vicki! Love the vellum wrapped around the card. Great card for today, too!

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...