Tuesday, July 17, 2012

MORE GOLD FINCH

When I was in Des Moines in June with the friends from our Yahoo Group, I stamped off some of this image.  At the time I was a little disappointed in the way it looked once it was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  It just didn't seem like the design of the birds was very well defined.  The other day I ran across the pieces I had stamped off and decided to color one to see how it would look.

Using Copic markers I colored the birds, the leaves and the inside of the feeder.  Then I used my gold glitter pen to color the top and bottom of the feeder.  I did touch up the "black" portions of the birds a little by adding a little Copic C5.  After I finished coloring, I sponged some SU Marina Mist ink around the design to soften the white background.  I rounded the corners and then mounted the image layer onto the SU Wild Wasabi layer. 

The card base was something that I wasn't sure about but decided to use Kraft Card Stock from PapertreyInk to go with the brown in the bird feeder.  I wanted to use an embossing folder and the SU Tulip folder proved to give a perfect border for the matted image.

Thank you for stopping by!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

LOVE your color scheme and the way the finches look! WELL DONE!!!

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...