Sunday, May 10, 2020

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! (3 views)


On Palm Sunday my mother fell and fractured her left shoulder and left wrist.  She has been in a rehabilitation facility ever since and unfortunately will have to spend Mother's Day there.  I wouldn't be able to get together with her anyway because she lives in an independent living center. and they have been locked down for over  month.  She enjoys my cards so I wanted to really step it up and make something different and special for her.  I know butterflies make me smile so I was hoping she would enjoy this one.  Mother has to go to a doctor on Tuesday.  I'll get to see her in person and give her this card then.


I saw a video of a card using this method with different designs.  The butterflies from the SU Botanical Butterfly designer paper made this one a really easy choice.  I'm not sure but this technique may be an accordian fold.  It's not that difficult to make.  It just takes a little planning for the designs you want to put in the folds and then that will help you decide which designer papers to use.

Tomorrow's card from retreat: Scrappy Card 

Thank you for coming by today!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

That is such a beautiful, special card for your mom, Vicki. I'm sure she will love it. I'm glad you will get to see her. I hope she has a very good recovery.

Cheryl W said...

Gorgeous card, Vicki! Your mom will be tickled pink to receive it. I'm sorry you weren't able to see her on Mother's Day, but glad you'll see her during her doctor's appointment. Hope it goes well.

Anonymous said...

Oh so sorry 😞!
Nancy

And here are the final four cards you get from  this  video by Karen Titus.    I may try to do this with some papers from some other collect...