Monday, May 11, 2020

CHALLENGE - 2 Make a Scrappy Cards


The challenge was to make a card with narrow strips.  Two samples were shown so I decided to do both.  One was like the card above and the other is shown below.  Some people save leftover narrow strips in a container and make these cards using the pieces from various pieces of designer paper or even card stock.  Since I didn't have any scraps like that already,  I chose some coordinating sheets from a 6 x 6 designer paper pad and started cutting.  I like these papers together.  

Then I punched two flowers with the SU Daisy Punch and 1 from the Medium Daisy Punch.  The center is from some of the designer paper.


For this card I covered a piece of card stock  changing up the direction of the strips and then added the flower.

Tomorrow:  Blending

Thank you for coming by today!

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

These are both so pretty! I especially love the first card. The diagonal stripes are such a nice background for your daisy. I like using my scraps to make cards when I can. Of course, I have so many supplies that it will still take me four lifetimes to use them all up. LOL

Lynette said...

I love the colors of your strips, Vicki, and the way you arranged them. Cool cards! Looks like a very fun class.

BUNNY TREAT BOX

This  treat box  is great for just adding a few small Easter treats. Thank you for stopping by!