Tuesday, October 26, 2010

COLOR SWAP CARD

Today I was excited to get back to working on orders, doing bookwork and make a couple of cards.  Saturday I took a refresher training for working at the election a week from today.  While I was at my training, my husband kindly picked up our two youngest grandchildren (ages 4 1/2 and 3) and brought them to stay with us.  They were with us until we took them home last evening.  What fun!!!!  So many antics to laugh about and those wonderful hugs, kisses and cuddling.  Other than necessities they have our full attention while they are here.

The color swap card for our Yahoo Group this month was Turquoise and Green.  This is the card I made for that swap, but mistakenly sent it to the wrong person.  :(  (Afraid too much going on in this household lately.) 

Both of the embossing folders are Cuttlebug.  Punched edge was made with a Martha Stewart Punch.  Design is from a SU stamp which was inked with Tempting Turquoise and Mellow Moss markers.  And I just realized that after I took this picture, I added turquoise gems to the corners of the white layer.

I couldn't let the partner who was supposed to receive my card go without one, so today I did make a NEW color swap card and sent it to her.  That one will be posted once I know she has received it.

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

3 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

Beautifully done Vicki! I like the pop of white with the turquoise and green!

Lynette said...

Very pretty, Vicki! I love all the embossing, and those flowers are some of my favorites.

Ann Schach said...

Love the embossing Vicki! And the MS punch is perfect for this card!

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...