Wednesday, April 22, 2020

TWO 50TH ANNIVERSARY CARDS


One of my husband's high school classmates "celebrated" their 50th Wedding Anniversary a few days ago.  I use quotation marks since they are really not able to celebrate under the circumstances with this virus.  Under other circumstances, I might have just wished them a happy day on Facebook but decided that a card might be a nice surprise.

I used this die to cut a piece of ivory card stock to be added to the ivory card base.  Then I cut it again using some gold foil paper and inserted a few of the gold pieces into the openings.

When I had the design cut from the gold foil, I certainly didn't want to waste the main piece, so I added it to a second ivory card base but simply added the little banner for the sentiment.  The banner on both cards was added with a strip of foam tape.


Thank you for coming by today!

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

So smart of you to make two cards immediately from your gold die-cut. And they're both so pretty with all that gold shimmer! Isn't it great when you have an idea for one card, but end up with two?

Lynette said...

Congrats to your friends! Bummer about no celebration:( What pretty cards you made.

Using the pattern from  this  video referred to yesterday, you will get just one of this card.  Karen Titus added her squares right to the c...