Monday, October 11, 2021

USING UP DESIGNER PAPER #1



As I mentioned last week, I am taking a break from making cards for a while.  I have so many right now and I have another "craft" calling my name.  In the meantime, I will be posting pictures of the cards I made up using this designer series paper (sorry I can't remember the name of it).  If you have questions, please leave a comment and I will respond.

I have two knitting machines that have had no attention for two years.  Only one is set up but I am going to concentrate on making stocking hats for the homeless and baby stocking hats for Birthright which is what I did two years ago but when Covid hit, my life changed.  Once I get a lot of the yarn used up, I will be selling the machines.  So far I have made 20 stocking hats and around 2 dozen baby  hats (which includes the 4 that I have done in the last few days).

Here is a picture of my knitting machine with one of the hats in process.


It takes approximately 45 minutes to get one hat completed with all of the steps on the machine but then it has to be sewn up by hand......not my favorite part but I can do it while watching TV.  I'll post pictures of the hats later on when I have more finished.

Thank you for coming by today!



 

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Your card is very pretty. I love that card design and hope to make some Christmas cards using it. It's so kind of you to knit hats for those who need them. I'm really looking forward to seeing photos of the finished ones.

Lynette said...

I love your card, Vicki - I assume it's a Z-fold? Thanks for sharing the picture of your knitting machine. So wonderful of you to knit hats to give away - very cool!

And here are the final four cards you get from  this  video by Karen Titus.    I may try to do this with some papers from some other collect...