Friday, October 8, 2021

HAND-PENNED DSP





I think this card is pretty easy to figure out how to make but I wanted to end the week with this card.

Next week, I will begin showing cards that I made using up dsp from one of the retired Stampin' Up! paper packages. All of the cards will be Night of Navy and White.

Right now I have SO MANY cards made up that I need to take a break from making more......even though I have SO MANY dies and stamps that I am really dying to use.  For the next few days or more, I am turning to another craft project.  I have two knitting machines.  Only one is set up and has not been used since the Summer/Fall of 2018.  I was making stocking hats for a homeless shelter and "baby" sized hats for Birthright.  I'm not sure why, but when Covid hit, I stopped using the knitter and hadn't gotten back to using the machine..  A few days ago I decided that I needed to get back to it!  I have a lot of yarn on cones for the machine.  I'm concentrating on using up a great deal of the yarn so that I can then sell the machines, accessories and books.

On a really good day I can knit 2 adult hats in the morning and 2 in the afternoon.  If everything goes right they can be knitted in 45 minutes each but then they need to be stitched up.  Truthfully, I wish I knew of someone who would sew them up for me.  I have also learned NOT to make any that are mostly black......very hard to stitch up!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  You will still be seeing cards here and I might even post a picture of some of the hats eventually.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Cool card, Vicki! Wish I lived near you - I could help sew them up. Maybe your stamping friends down there could learn to do that part. Just a thought. :-)

Cheryl W said...

Love the big sentiment on your card. I also like that you included some of that pretty paper on the inside. I think it's always a nice surprise to see some embellishment on the inside, too.

I'm amazed that you can make so many hats in one day! You must really have that knitting machine humming on full power!

And here are the final four cards you get from  this  video by Karen Titus.    I may try to do this with some papers from some other collect...