Monday, October 18, 2021

STAMPIN' UP! - Using up some Bird Ballad dsp

This week I thought I would take a break from the navy and white cards I have been posting using up some of my designer series papers. (More will show up at a later date.) The cards today and through Thursday will be showing cards I made using up some of the Stampin' Up! Bird Ballad dsp.  


When I started this card I was CASING one of two that I saw on Pinterest.  They had stamped a bird between the two sprigs of leaves but I hadn't left enough room for the bird so I stamped the sentiment which makes a clean and simple "Thank You" card.  (See my second card below.)


I wanted to try again so this time I stamped the bird in the white space first and colored it with SU blender pens.  The dsp lists "Petal Pink" as one of the colors so that is the color of the blender I used.  I was really disappointed because the blender pen color does not match the designer paper very well......it looks more or a peach color.

For both cards I had used a very thick white card stock but the alcohol ink still showed up on the inside of the card.  There was only one thing I could think of to do.  I cut a strip of the same dsp and added it inside the card over  the area where the ink was showing.  Problem resolved on both cards.

Thank you for coming by today!

1 comment:

Cheryl W said...

Both are very pretty cards! I do like the one with the bird the best, though. The little scalloped border is such a nice touch, too.

And here are the final four cards you get from  this  video by Karen Titus.    I may try to do this with some papers from some other collect...